Having a rep at your workplace adds value to your membership. The rep can be an important link between the members, your employer, and the wider AMiE organisation.
You don't need to be an "activist" to be a rep. But some of the things you might want to do as a rep are:
- sharing information with other members
- going to meetings to find out what is happening
- organising a members' meeting at least once a year
- consulting members to obtain their views
- liaising with the AMiE regional officer
- recruiting new members.